Sourcing Recruiter, Amazon Web Services
The Amazon Web Services Talent Acquisition team is seeking a talented, customer focused Sourcer/Recruiter, with a passion for delighting the client and candidate, to join our global recruiting organization. You will be supporting our Amazon Web Services cloud computing teams, focusing on AWS Security and EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud.). This role is focused on driving candidate generation strategies in partnership with your clients. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team focused on making an impact on the business, recruiting for smart, innovative talent.
Our ideal profile will thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. They have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, and organization, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year
New York, NY
3+ Years Required
About Amazon Corporate
Random forests, naïve Bayesian estimators, RESTful services, gossip protocols, eventual consistency, data sharding, anti-entropy, Byzantine quorum, erasure coding, vector clocks ... walk into certain Amazon meetings, and you may momentarily think you've stumbled into a computer science lecture.-- Jeff Bezos, 2010 Shareholder letter.
Amazon... a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we -happily-invent new ones - Jeff Bezos, 2010 Shareholder letter.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
Invention is in our DNA and technology is the fundamental tool we wield to evolve and improve every aspect of the experience we provide our customers - Jeff Bezos, 2010 Shareholder letter.
We've revolutionized the online shopping experience, cloud computing and the book... join us and see what's next!
New York, New York 10018 United States
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment
- Be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer
- Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Associate
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate and or search firm progressive experience including passive candidate generation
- Minimum of 1 year experience creating sourcing plans and utilizing candidate management systems to track and manage candidate flow
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
- Strong communication, muti-tasking, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Leadership experience managing recruiters and coordinators
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k), Insurance
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation, Holiday Schedule, Corporate Discounts
Amazon Corporate is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.