We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience designing large-scale content sites, complex workflows, and framework-level interactions. The ideal candidate will be a multi-skilled innovator with strong interaction design skills, user research expertise, and an eye for aesthetics. S/he should be comfortable using web analytics data to inform and defend design decisions and have experience evangelizing UX design principles internally. He/she should be able to understand constraints quickly and propose effective design solutions based on product requirements, business objectives and strategy.
The UX Designer will be accountable for researching, developing and executing design solutions related to information layout and the user experience for Condé Nast digital properties. He/she will create and present (both visually and verbally) interaction design concepts and produce detailed documentation to communicate site design/functionality. The UX Designer will apply common user-centered design practices and tools to solve complex design problems. He/she will work collaboratively across editorial, product, research, and technology teams.
$60,000 to $75,000 per year
New York, NY
3+ Years Required
About Condé Nast
Condé Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
New York, New York 10018 United States
- Help define and gather UX requirements from stakeholders/business owners.
- Lead and participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences
- Organize and architect content/features/functionality for new and existing websites and applications.
- Translate business requirements into elegant, innovative and intuitive design solutions, balancing user needs with business goals and technological constraints.
- Create detailed, organized, and readable documentation including concept models, use cases and business rules, personas, site maps, user/task flows, wireframes, and functional specifications.
- Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms
- Create strategies for carrying out systematic interaction design patterns/standards across multiple products and leveraging business requirements through cross product design and recirculation opportunities.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are correctly implemented.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Mid-Senior level
- B.A./M.A. in Interaction Design, Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years designing experience across multiple platforms.
- Understanding of related disciplines (i.e. visual design, technology, project management, etc.) as they pertain to UX
- Knowledge of latest trends in interactive experiences and emerging internet technologies
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and interactive design process.
- Familiarity with scalable taxonomies and metadata tagging for enterprise content management systems
- Knowledge of capabilities/limitations of current web technologies
- Demonstrated fluency with wireframing and prototyping tools and design tools
- A portfolio of sample UX Design deliverables. Please note that this is not a Visual Design position and visual comps do not meet the requirements of sample deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of information design principles and well developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of business requirements, interface design, functional specifications, user needs, and information architecture.
- Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k), Financial Planning
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation, Corporate Discounts
Condé Nast is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.