Condé Nast seeks a Finance Assistant for a full-time staff position. This role will provide Finance support to the Condé Nast Entertainment Group (CNEG) and provide admin support to the COO.
$40,000 to $50,000 per year
New York, NY
1+ Year Required
About Condé Nast
Condé Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
New York, New York 10018 United States
- General Administrative duties including: answering telephones, scheduling, copying and faxing, filing, and planning all travel arrangements for executive
- Track and manage all invoices for CNEG, including:
- Providing appropriate budget and project codes by department, brand and project
- Set-up database to track expenses
- Ensure timely payment of invoices
- Act as liaison with the Finance team at Condé Nast Corporate for all department finance issues
- Review monthly general ledger to ensure correct allocations/coding of expenses
- Establish database to manage and track TV and Film options payments and expenses
- Ensure all revenue is being tracked and coded correctly by Department, Brand and Project
- Handle all department-wide admin issues, including:
- Management and enforcement of departmental policies (e.g., travel, car service, supplies, etc.)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Associate
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 1 year experience within Finance Department
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible, personable, self-starter, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Multi-task oriented, strong organizational process and time management skills
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k), Financial Planning
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation, Holiday Schedule, Corporate Discounts
Condé Nast is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.