Web Copy Editor
Condé Nast seeks a Web Copy Editor for a full-time staff position.
To Be Determined
New York, NY
About Condé Nast
Condé Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
New York, New York 10018 United States
- Copy edit and fact check all content for Style.com, including editorial features, blog posts, slideshows, headlines/display copy, multimedia, and marketing copy
- Query appropriate writers and editors to resolve any issues with copy
- Work closely with editorial, design, photo, and production departments to ensure the quality and timeliness of the site's multiple daily publishes, including keeping track of the status and flow of all copy, and, as the last editorial eye, reviewing and signing off on all content before it is published
- Maintain and periodically update all Sytle.com copy editing resources and guides to make sure they are accurate and reflect any editorial changes
- As the lead copy editor, help to manage any freelancers and provide testing, training, and guidance as needed
- Education: Associate's Degree
- Employment: Entry level
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and efficient, impeccable understanding of grammar and good writing
- Strong copy editing and research/fact checking experience in very fast-paced digital environment
- Proficient in Chicago annual of Style, MS Word, InCopy/InDesgin, MAC/PC platforms
- Experience with HTML and content management systems
- Preferred - familiarity with fashion, beauty, society and culture is a plus
- Fast, accurate and the ability to prioritize
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k), Financial Planning
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation, Corporate Discounts
Condé Nast is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.