Manager Of Financial Planning And Analysis
This role is a critical asset to the organization’s strategy and growth. This individual will lead the FP&A function, and will own the Company’s annual financial and operating plan, the quarterly reforecast, real-time P&L forecasting, complex revenue analysis modeling, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects.
S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including the Board of Directors, CEO, COO and CFO. These projects will include development and preparation of board communication and reporting, executive management financial reviews, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects that are on the critical task list of senior management. This function is the core of the analytical engine of the company, providing insights, analysis and critique to support rapid fire business decision making. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
To Be Determined
New York, NY
5+ Years Required
Shutterstock, Inc. provides a global marketplace that enables businesses of all sizes to license royalty-free images through a simple pricing model in real time. The Company is solidly profitable; growing rapidly and recently completed one of the most successful IPOs of 2012, raising $100mm to drive expansion. Shutterstock pioneered the subscription model in the stock photography licensing sector, and is disrupting a multi-billion dollar market.
New York, New York 10004 United States
- Develop and maintain real-time revenue tracking and forecasting capabilities
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on currency, geography, product line, margin impact, customer behavior and other trend drivers
- Partner with business intelligence data group, departmental analysts, executive management and key project leaders to drive better data and smarter, faster decision-making
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Partner with accounting team to integrate actual results reporting with forecasting, budgeting, variance reporting and general trend analysis
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis to support executive team and department heads
- Quarterly, Monthly Financial reports
- Monthly board fact pack overview
- Weekly financial overview presentation to management team
- Monthly business unit review support
- Work with Business Intelligence group to create and implement dashboards and automated reports
- Proactively monitor company performance, suggesting reasons and supporting analysis for trend changes and variances to expectations
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Not Applicable
- MBA highly preferred
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Experience in technology and/or high growth environment preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Comfort analyzing large data sets via SQL queries, MS Access, data cubes, pivot tables, etc. Familiarity with SQL preferred.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, multitasker.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to lead a room.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- Experience working across functions with senior managers and executives
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k)
- Additional Benefits: Stocked beverage fridges, free breakfasts & snacks, Lunchtime Yoga, Pizza & Massage Fridays, Happy hours and killer Summer & Holiday parties
Shutterstock is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.