Image Acquisition Manager
Shutterstock is seeking a passionate Image Acquisition Manager (International) to manage Shutterstock’s strategy for acquiring photo, vector and illustration content in international markets. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and shape a collection of image assets used by creative companies worldwide.
As Image Acquisition Manager, you will be responsible for growing the stock image collection, analyzing performance, identifying sources of high-quality images, and developing strong relationships with top image contributors, social communities, contributor networks and referrers worldwide.
To Be Determined
New York, NY
1+ Year Required
Shutterstock, Inc. provides a global marketplace that enables businesses of all sizes to license royalty-free images through a simple pricing model in real time. The Company is solidly profitable; growing rapidly and recently completed one of the most successful IPOs of 2012, raising $100mm to drive expansion. Shutterstock pioneered the subscription model in the stock photography licensing sector, and is disrupting a multi-billion dollar market.
New York, New York 10004 United States
- Create and implement content acquisition strategies for stock photos, vectors and illustrations based on customer needs (and wants), industry research, creative research, market trends and product knowledge.
- Own the growth of the collection in quantity and quality; identify international “content gaps” and develop strategies to fill those gaps (i.e., acquisition, business development, referrer networks, and partnerships).
- Manage Shutterstock’s contributor referral programs. Build and maintain relationships with social communities and contributor networks worldwide.
- Build and maintain relationships with key contributors such as professional photographers, image production companies, and illustrators.
- Educate image contributors about content needs, technology trends, and growth opportunities.
- Work closely with the content operations team to create compellingly simple paths for contributors to submit stock images. Collaborate in resourcing, planning, coordinating and scheduling the ingestion of acquired assets.
- Review and analyze content sales and submission patterns to provide actionable insights.
- Partner with the management team to set and meet content goals and tie those goals to revenue growth.
- Stay current in trends in image technology, creation and usage; provide strategic insight into the needs of content creators and the emergence of new content opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Not Applicable
- Entrepreneurial and confident self-starter comfortable with managing artist / business relationships.
- Experience with marketing and referral programs that generate network effects.
- Multilingual not required, but an important plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to communicate the company’s value proposition to contributors as important business partners.
- Strong ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Competitive and performance-based sensibility, with a passion for images, multimedia and their potential.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools a plus.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Financial Benefits: Savings/401(k)
- Additional Benefits: Stocked beverage fridges, free breakfasts & snacks, Lunchtime Yoga, Pizza & Massage Fridays, Happy hours and killer Summer & Holiday parties
Shutterstock is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.