An exciting opportunity to join a progressive, suburban East Coast YMCA located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey (35 miles west of New York City).
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to oversee the accounting function at the Somerset Hills YMCA.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year
Basking Ridge, NJ
5+ Years Required
Recreational Facilities and Services
About Somerset Hills YMCA
The Somerset Hills YMCA has served the ever-evolving needs of our community since 1951. With a budget of $11 million and 60 full-time and over 450 part-time/seasonal staff, we serve over 20,000 members from Bernards Township and surrounding areas.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey United States
- The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will prepare monthly financial statements, coordinate monthly close, attend Finance Committee meetings and take minutes, assist with annual audit, assist with annual forecast and budget,supervise Accounting Assistant function and prepare other reports as needed.
- Education: Not Required
- Employment: Not Applicable
- The ideal candidate has a Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is a plus. Must have a minimum of 5-7 years accounting experience (including fund accounting and budgeting), demonstrated knowledge of information systems, and processes excellent Excel skills (knowledge of Access is a plus), and non-profit experience. Must possess strong critical thinking skills and proven communication skills, both written and verbal. This position requires strong mathematical aptitude, attention to detail, strong time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, and has the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Send resume including cover letter, salary history/requirements, and 3 professional references to: Meinske de Bie, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, Somerset Hills YMCA, 140 Mount Airy Road, Basking Ridge NJ 07920
- Total Benefits: Base Pay, Incentive Pay, Long-Term Incentives
- Health Benefits: Medical
is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.