Junior Software Engineer
Lifebooker is seeking a talented engineer to join our team at our DUMBO Brooklyn Headquarters. Lifebooker is the premier online marketplace for health, beauty and lifestyle deals. The company is the leader in providing Yield Management to SMB?s. Our loyal members trust us to deliver high-quality beauty services at awesome discounts, served up with a heaping side of entertaining editorial content. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is revolutionizing the local commerce space.
To Be Determined
1+ Year Required
Lifebooker is a rapidly growing beauty/health/lifestyle discount e-commerce site with daily deals and online booking. We're a friendly staff of beauty enthusiasts, dog lovers, bike riders, and dance party fans who value collaboration and the entrepreneurial spirit. Our cheery office is located in Dumbo, Brooklyn, like a good tech company should be.
Brooklyn, New York United States
- As an engineer at Lifebooker, you will play a critical role in bringing a set of tools to local merchants that automate pricing and marketing of services in a way that has never been done before. The ideal candidate for this position has a great work ethic and self-management skills. He or she will be a key member of the dev team as we seek to further build out our product and expand both domestically and internationally. The position will be based out of our headquarters in DUMBO. You should be opinionated and passionate about software and the software development process and love collaboration. Rails 3, Mongo, Redis, EC2, Git and test driven development are your best friends. We pride ourselves on doing things the
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Employment: Not Applicable
- Some experience with a scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc) and a web framework (Rails, Django, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- An inquisitive mind and an ability to conceive of and engineer new features
is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.