Software Engineer II
Apply scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to complete assignments with limited supervision.
To Be Determined
3+ Years Required
About Abbott Laboratories
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
Princeton, New Jersey United States
- 1. Responsible for planning and conducting small to medium-sized assigned projects requiring conventional types of plans, investigations and/or equipment;
- 2. Independently execute assigned tasks; independently design and lead projects or experiments of intermediate complexity;
- 3. Create / modify designs for intermediate problems; modify components and/or processes of a semi-complex nature; establish
- semi-complex design and process requirements;
- 4. Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business standards;
- 5. Participate and/or co-lead cross-functional teams in support of organizational goals;
- 6. Other tasks and duties as assigned;
- 7. Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- 8. Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Education: Not Required
- Employment: Not Applicable
- Minimum Education
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering, science or a closely related discipline is desired) or equivalent technical experience and demonstrated competence; additional post-graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience.
- Minimum Experience / Training Required
- Typically requires 3-4 years of significant engineering and / or operational experience to develop the competence to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position;
- Candidates / incumbents should possess the following:
- - strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures; C++, image processing, computer vision
- - ability or aptitude to work on problems that are semi-complex in scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple factors;
- - ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- - ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally;
- - demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical-thinking skills;
- - ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software;
- - ability to prioritize;
- - strong organizational and project management skills;
- - ability or aptitude to provide options and/or solutions that demonstrate a comprehension of fiscal controls;
- - ability to quickly gain knowledge, understanding or skills and is willing to learn;
- Engineers trained in one branch of the Engineering field may work in related branches of engineering provided demonstrated transferable skills.
is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.